Monday, February 06, 2006

I Pity the Flu! (ArmchairCook Succombs)

It started as a nagging cough on Thursday, then on Friday I went down with a high fever, muscle aches and just generally feeling like I was hit by a bus. That's right folks, I have the flu.



Sporadic, my ass.

Much like Sandra Lee's cooking, I'm feeling pretty half-baked right now*. I keep having fever dreams/delusions and I can even read correctly. I thought this headline:




Was "Bush aims to tame deficits with domestic cats". I was like, man, that's not going to work. There's NOTHING more apathetic than a house cat!

Good lord, it took me 45 minutes to post this**. Time to go back to bed. I hope to be back to our regularly scheduled posting later this week. Take care, and remember to wash your hands and stay away from people like me!


*Thinking about food - not just Sandra's - makes me nauseous. I haven't eaten anything other than saltines or bananas since Thursday afternoon.

** Ended up being an hour after all was said and done.

No comments: