Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Paula Deen hates your arteries


Paula Deen is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love how she wears her glasses at the end of her nose while she's cooking and how she refers to her dishes with male pronouns ("Let's put some salt on him and make the flavor come out"). Her wedding special was super cute, even though her husband could be a Robert E. Lee impersonator. Of all the pleas for donations in the wake of Katrina, hers seemed most sincere. She designs a heck of a cute shoe. She has a magazine called Cooking With Paula Deen.

I know Southern food isn't the most health-conscious, but yesterday I watched Paula make Baked Garlic Cheese Grits using a stick of butter and one and a half pounds of cheese (the recipe calls for cheddar but it looked like she was using a package of Velveeta on the show). I'm no prude, but her butter usage astounds me.









"What? The Piggly Wiggly is out of butter?!"




"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

2 comments:

cornellcrawford said...

I grew up in Georgia and I can tell you that Paula is the real deal. She's like every fun-loving, squishy grandmother who can fry up even a shoe and make it taste good. And it cracks me up that she gets so emotional over her cooking, wiping the tears after eating her cornbread. Oh y'all...

linkplayer11 said...

Hey..
The main thing is she is honest about food must taste good. I am sick of these health conscious people always telling me what I must and must not eat. I tried those low fat alternatives and they don't taste as good as the original. I enjoy cooking her food. I usually reserve it for special occasions. Thus, a good artery clogging is good for our souls.
boot camp marketing