Thursday, December 22, 2005

Food Network Tidbits

Whew, what a week! Anyone else feel like today should be Friday?

Here are a few Food Network-related tidbits:

The promise [of a 30 minute meal] is a siren song to anyone arriving home hungry at 6 p.m., to novices cowed by Emeril Lagasse's restaurant creations, to women who think Giada De Laurentiis and Sandra Lee are too thin to be teaching them how to cook.
  • I don't really have a horse in this race, but let me just say that believe that good cooks can be thin1, bad cooks can be fat, and no one should be intimidated by the creations on Emeril Live. At any rate, at least check out the photo of Rachael.



1The exception to this is Low Carb and Lovin' It. I saw a few episodes of this and I was hatin' it. First, I think the guy is unbelieveably creepy. Second, he looks really unhealthy. Last, his food is gross.

2I think USA Today's Pop Candy blog is the best mainstream media-affiliated blog out there. She's a good writer, she scores the best interviews and she's a must-read for celebrity gossip scoops. Add it to your newsreader!

No comments: