Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dave Lieberman makes me nervous

I want to like Dave Lieberman, I really do. The concept of gourmet cooking on a budget is cool, and I like some of the food he makes. But he seems kind of twitchy to me, and watching him makes me nervous. For one thing, he seems kind of spastic in the kitchen. I just watched him take some dough out of a bag and he seemed to just drop the bag on the floor. He's not real accurate when he pours and his workspace is always a mess. Hey, I cook the same way, but I don't like watching tv cooks who have to push aside piles of crap to find a bare spot on the counter.

He also talks weird. It's as if he's throwing random periods into his sentences:

You can use any honey. That you like. Then I'm just gonna drizzle it in a little. Thread. And make kind of like a netting. Over the cantaloupe. Oh, yeah. That looks great. So now that that's done. I can go ahead and get started. On the perfect complement for my stew. Some quick beer. Bread biscuits.

You know who else talks like that? Christopher Walken.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Here's an example of the way Dave Lieberman sounds. Jesus, at least he doesn't talk in that monotone on tv.

8 comments:

Bloghungry said...

You're crazy. Dave Liberman is the American Jamie Oliver. He's young, hot, and accessable without sacrificing food quality. I may name my first born after him.

Linda said...

I love your example of how he talks with the random periods. This blogs cracks me up!

Rudy said...

The moment i saw him cooking on food network... i was like ohhh he's sooo cute... he's cuter than Jamie Oliver..and i love the way he speaks, his mouth looks so cute.

Ms. T said...

I totally agree with you. He does have some good ideas and he seems like a nice guy but ever since I first watched him, I get a weird feeling from him. He seems like he's almost nervous. I think the guy has a stuttering problem or something. You can see he stop before he says words and pause, then continue talking. That's common for stutterers trying to control it before it happens. On the other hand, maybe he's just a bad speaker.

Anonymous said...

I did really love Dave Lieberman...till we saw him at the South Beach Food Festival...TALK ABOUT A DRUNKEN TRAINWRECK. While alot of what he said was funny, I'm sure it offended a bunch of other people too. And the pasta he made was def. lacking in a few areas (I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to like it!)

Alexlonebear said...

I really like Dave Liberman. The dishes he makes are ones I try myself.
As for his speech pattern, I always got the feeling that he was a little shy. It's like coming early for a party and getting some time to spend with the host in the kitchen.

Jessica said...

I love Dave and think his receipes are delicious! I use them all of the time. I believe he is just very shy and as he aquires experience, his public speaking will improve. I also love the fact that he is a Phila boy(my hometown) and I just have one question, is he spoken for?

Unknown said...

Bloghungry, really? Wow, what an original name; "David".... Are you going to misspell your firstborn's last name too? I, for one, love the fact that he's gay like me. AND a total bottom, I can tell.